Over the past few months many of us have been facing feelings of fear or anxiety.
Our lives have been put on hold.
And despite the frustrations, the hardships, and the emotional burdens…
I hope that you have been able to find some moments of gratitude.
I have seen so much good in people during this crisis,
People taking the time to support each other more than ever before.
I hope you have embraced the pause,
And gained a new sense of resiliency.
We will all come out of this stronger than before.
With that being said, I’d like to discuss our studio policies and procedures moving forward in consideration of the coronavirus disease.
For those of you who don’t know me, not only am I a newborn photographer/business owner, but I have been practicing as a Registered Nurse for the past 9 years.
In addition to my firsthand experience and expertise, the information found here is based on CDC recommendations, and adheres to the guidelines of the three-phased approach presented by the federal government.
If you are considering reopening your studio and resuming operations, please follow your state’s regulations and ensure that your business can meet the appropriate guidelines outlined here: https://www.whitehouse.
At Little Moments by Katie we make client safety our number one priority. Our day-to-day studio operations have been adjusted to maintain a safe and sanitary environment. Our recommendations for the first stage of reopening the studio are as follows:
Covid-19 Photography Studio Policies
- Studio availability is limited to newborn and baby photography only. All studio events will be cancelled, postponed, or rescheduled during this time. Family sessions will take place outdoors, weather permitting. (Note **If your studio is larger and can accommodate more distancing requirements, you may be able to adjust these recommendations to your individual needs.)
- Only the parents and the child being photographed will be allowed in the studio during the session. No extended family members will be permitted. Additionally we ask that siblings not be present during your newborn session. A family member may bring them for a family photo at the end of the session.
- Family members entering the studio will be asked to participate in a screening process.
- Temperature checks will be conducted upon arrival. Anybody with a temperature of 100.4 or lower will be allowed to enter the studio.
- We recommend shoes off at the door, or we will have Lysol disinfectant spray available to disinfect the soles of the shoes prior to entering the studio.
- Photographer will wear a cloth mask at all times. Masks will also be available for purchase for parents if they would like to wear one. This is a great opportunity to collaborate with or support another local small business. JuliJoy Designs will have a line of masks available for purchase at our studio.
- Appropriate hand washing sign should be displayed in bathroom.
- Multiple sanitizer stations should be available throughout studio.
- Provide only pre-packaged snacks/drinks.
- Standard cleaning precautions before and after every individual session which include; cleaning high touch surfaces such as doorknobs, phones, etc., laundering studio fabrics, trash receptacles emptied, bathroom cleaned and disinfected.
- Professional cleanings on a weekly basis.
Despite these efforts, there still may be clients and families that are uncomfortable with a studio session. In which case, additional options are available. Parents are invited to participate in a virtual newborn session. During this session the photographer will coach the parents through taking images of their baby, which they can then send for professional editing services.
Clients, we look forward to inviting you back into our studio and providing you with a safe space to capture your little moments. We, as a staff, will demonstrate the same courtesy and adhere to these guidelines as well.
Fellow photographers, If you would like me to share any of my verbiage, resources, templates, etc., don’t hesitate to reach out! I am happy to help.
The best way to reach me is via email at [email protected].
Everyone, Thank you for your time! Stay safe. Wash your hands. We’re in this together!